range from food security to planet protection to human rights and equality. We don't limit the region or country we try to impact but rather take a global view. Our guest photographers have autonomy to pick the causes their work benefits. All organizations receiving funding from Raising for Change are vetted by a group of advisors. And we're pursuing a 501(c)(3) status so that the value of your donation can be entirely tax-deductible.
When you buy from us, your purchase is helping change the world for the better whether it's tax-deductible or not. Every purchase supports not only a cause but also the small business run by the photographer who created the image and those photographers invest back in their communities directly. This is a model that we believe has so much more potential than when we buy our art from corporate home or design stores where profits go to CEOs and investors. Invest with us and let's change the world together while you decorate the walls of your home or business!
A list of the organizations we give to:
- Edinburgh Food Project - chosen by our founder - provides emergency food supplies and support to people in crisis. They do this by operating foodbank centres which provide emergency food supplies. Their More Than Food, Money Advice and Mental Health Projects help address the underlying causes of food poverty.
- Children in Need - chosen by our UK Guest Photographer Neil Andrews - is the BBC’s charity and its mission is to help ensure every child in the UK is safe, happy, secure and has the opportunities they need to reach their potential. Neil chose this cause in memory of his dear departed parents who were lifetime supporters and passed close to the time of the annual telethon.
- The Foodbank of Southern California - chosen by our founder - has been providing food to impoverished children, families, and seniors residing in Los Angeles County since 1975. They provide highly nutritious food to at least 300,000 people each week, continuing to be one of the largest distributors of fresh produce of any food bank in the state; annually distributing over 22 million pounds of fresh produce.
- Wildlife Direct - chosen by our founder - is a favorite of our founder who worked with them in 2017 and continues to support their efforts to this day. They work in Kenya and all over the African continent to protect elephants as well as to prevent and prosecute the crime of illegal poaching of elephants for the ivory in their tusks. To read more about this important organization, visit this article.
- Tomorrow's Air - chosen by our founder - is the world's first collective of passionate travellers who clean up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to ensure our air for future generations in partnership with Climeworks. Learn more about carbon removal on their site.
- The Ocean Cleanup - chosen by Guest Photographer Dante Vincent - is developing advanced technologies to rid the world’s waterways of harmful plastics that damage all living creatures from humans to birds to fish and more. By systematically eliminating technical risks through rapid iterations, they aim to clean up 90% of the plastic found in the world’s waterways; because they know that plastic pollution does not only impact sea life, it also carries toxic pollutants into the food chain – a food chain including us humans.
- World Central Kitchen - chosen by our founder - started by Chef José Andrés, goes wherever there is a fight so that hungry people may eat. From areas affected by natural disasters to cities with long voting lines, WCK makes sure they are always present serving real meals so that no one goes hungry on their watch. They also have resilience programs that use the power of food to empower communities and strengthen economies.
- Shepherd’s Gate - chosen by Guest Photographer Marissa Wu - is a local non-profit in the San Francisco East Bay providing assistance, housing, and resources to women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, homelessness, and addiction. Through counseling referrals, health and recovery classes, education assistance, job and life skills training, and more, Shepherd’s Gate equips women to thrive in their communities and provide for their families.
- Ecology Outdoors - chosen by Guest Photographer Wasim Muklashy - Ecology in Classrooms and Outdoors (ECO) inspires students to care for nature and their local communities through hands-on science education. ECO's highly experienced educators deliver custom-created content that harnesses the natural curiosity of students and empowers them to build lifelong connections with nature. From engaging in-classroom lessons, to field trips, to habitat restoration projects, to garden-based summer camp, their small but mighty team of educators delivers year-round programming to our most vulnerable communities. While their school programs are suspended until further notice, ECO is offering free resources to help families continue to learn at home!
- Global Giving COVID Relief Fund - chosen by Guest Photographer Wasim Muklashy - is the COVID-19 pandemic marks an unprecedented time in modern history that will require the best of humanity to overcome. Global Giving believes that organizations that are deeply rooted in local communities are best positioned to lead long-term plans to stop COVID-19. Your donation to this fund will help build stronger response capacities in communities around the world so that we are all better equipped to face future outbreaks. As the situation evolves, the fund will transition to support longer-term recovery and education efforts run by local, vetted organizations in affected regions.
- HavASole’s mission is to provide the homeless and at risk youth population with quality footwear to encourage healthier lifestyles and prevent disease, while fostering a sense of community along the way. Chosen by Guest Photographer David Levine.
- Rise Against Hunger - chosen by Guest Photographer Alyssa Ponticello - is a group that works globally to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives and responding to emergencies.
More organizations will come and go from this list as our collection expands and changes over time.
Want to double or triple your impact? Contact us about placing a bulk order for your hotel, office or place of business. We are available to accomodate commercial requests.